SD card corrupt [ Solved ]

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

SD card corrupt [ Solved ]

Postby YoutubeUnderground » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:33 am

So i got one of the two of my gamebuinos to work so i decided to check and see if all the files where still on my computer. Every thing was working fine until I ejected my micro sd card from the adapter. When i put the sd card back into my gamebuino it only showed crabator. Naturally I inserted the sd card into my computer and all i got was symbols where the games and boot loader use to be. Need help :shock:
Last edited by YoutubeUnderground on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YoutubeUnderground

Re: SD card corrupt

Postby rodot » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:42 am

Ooops, I've never encountered that, so I can't tell if it comes from the micro SD card, your computer, your OS, the micro SD reader or whatnot. What I suggest is that you format the micro SD card in FAT16 an put the .HEX files on it again.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby 94k » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Always save eject your stuff. Usually your computer copies the data into your RAM before putting it on the usb-stick/sd-card/whatever. Once there is no more data to copy into RAM your filemanager/copy tool tells you it's done (because, as far as it is concerned, it's done). You computer migh still be busy copying the files from the ram to your sd card though. A safe eject guarantees that everything has been copied to the sd card.

Postby YoutubeUnderground » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:01 am

What would be the simplest way to format the micro sd cart to fat 16 (Windows) :idea:
YoutubeUnderground

Postby rodot » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:07 am

I'm quoting the troubleshooting page here:
How to format my micro SD card
Insert the micro SD card in the micro SD card reader, then plug the reader in your computer.
Windows users
Open "Computer", right click on the micro SD card, then click on "Format...". Select the "FAT" format (not FAT32).
Alternative: run the command format F: /q /fs:FAT /v:GAMEBUINO (replace F: with the letter of your device)
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting