Random behaviour with Gamebuino (bootloader?)

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Random behaviour with Gamebuino (bootloader?)

Postby aresius » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:03 am

Hello everyone,

I finally got my gamebuino and despite the few problems I am encountering it is really awesome!
Here is my story:

When I received it the screen was not working, tinkered with it a bit and it snapped back in place (bad mailman! bad!). -> Screen OK.
Turn the gamebuino on "charge your battery". Battery charged -> Battery OK.

Turn it on....white screen :/ Have you tried turning it on and off again? Done, get the loader screen. YAY!
Select a game from the list (pong) click A....Flashing in progress.....White screen. At that point no matter what I do I will always get white screen. if I try to turn it off and turn it on by pressing C to flash the Loader.HEX it does not work.

Connected to my mac (after fixing the driver problem) and If I flash settings or any other file I get random results. Sometimes it works on the spot, sometimes white screen. Sometimes white screen that goes to the app once I press C.

The main issue is, when I get a program loaded If I press C to go back to the loader.hex I get the "Flashing loader" message. but then white screen and back we go again.
I just ordered the USBASP programmer I suppose it can be bootloader related?

Added question....what is the plastic piece in the package? Shaped like this O__/\__O

Thanks!
aresius

Re: Random behaviour with Gamebuino (bootloader?)

Postby rodot » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:49 am

Your problems seems to be both from the screen moving and the bootloader.
Uploading to the experimental bootlaoder v2 by Jonnection should solve the bootloader issues, ordering an USBAP is a good decision :)
About the screen moving around and having bad contact, you can clean the rubber contact on the back on the screen. The piece of plastic you're talking about is meant the hold the screen pressed against the PCB to prevent it from moving, picture here.
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting