[Solved] Screen blank...sometimes...

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

[Solved] Screen blank...sometimes...

Postby Myndale » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:22 am

Just thought I'd post this for the benefit of anyone else who's experiencing similar symptoms...my Gamebuino screen worked intermittently from the day it arrived. The back light LEDs worked fine (they're on the PCB, not the display itself) and from the speaker sounds I could tell the bootloader was working and loading the loader app etc but the screen itself was often blank when I turned the unit on. I never did manage to figure out what was wrong with it, it seemed to be related to how much charge the battery had but I wasn't able to find any definitive cause that was 100% reproduceable.

Fortunately it did in fact turn out to be the LCD and not the Gamebuino. I bought a 5110 replacement with breakout board off EBay for $2.80 and moved the LCD itself across and it's been working fine ever since. Easy to see how this one could have slipped through testing given that it's an intermittent issue, if anyone else is experiencing similar symptoms then replacing the LCD will probably fix it.
Myndale

Re: [Solved] Screen blank...sometimes...

Postby DFX2KX » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:31 pm

Mine does it now and again. I just reset it and call it good. Though fortunately they're cheap enough to be replaceable.
DFX2KX

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting