[SOLVED]Gamebuino crash?

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

[SOLVED]Gamebuino crash?

Postby desgroup » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:47 am

Hello, I've been working on chess and checkers and have been developing a prompt to view sprites, edit variables, change certain parts of the code, ect... Recently I finished the variable part of it by finishing DEBUG.Execute(), sadly, once I load it with my gamebuino, the screen goes really REALLY dim and I can only tell that it at least loads a little by tilting the screen to see a GAMEBUINO logo, and a glitched-out W.I.P. logo that I made for the game along with a little odd, fuzzy pixel thing right under it. Pressing A,B,C doesn't do anything. Loading it up in simbuino and playing it makes absolutely nothing happen. If you want the INO, HEX, or ELF file I'll supply it to you somehow... Is it a ram problem, the file size is 56KB but arduino says it's only 20KB, but it puzzles me that gamebino can load up to 70KB. Are there any other cases of this?
Last edited by desgroup on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
desgroup

Re: Gamebuino crash?

Postby rodot » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:13 am

The HEX files doesn't only contain raw binaries, it also contains check sums and adresses (cf wikipedia), that's why the hex file of a 20kB game is 70kB.
have you updated your library to the latest version ? Also remember to update settings.hex and run it once, because the settings location changed in the 0.2 update.

Edit: Shouldn't this post be in "programming questions", as it's about troubleshooting your own code?
rodot
Site Admin

Postby desgroup » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Hmm, I suppose your right. But does a crash in the gamebuino system, go in programming questions? Any way I'll try re-downloading the library and even putting the prompt in a different ino file. I'm not sure if I can do it on the user side but I'll try to move it into programming questions.
Last edited by desgroup on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desgroup

Postby rodot » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:54 pm

I'm not really sure to understand what is you problem and where it comes from, that's why I ask.
Your video is private, we can't see it :(
rodot
Site Admin

Postby desgroup » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Ok, I think I found the problem. I'm using arduino 1.5.8 BETA and it seems that it only supports so many ifs in a void(No kidding, I had a good 240 of them). I feel too lazy to uninstall arduino and get a stable version of it, and I have an arduino DUE, so there goes the prompt. Oh and also fixed the last posts and here is the video(public, this time) if you are experiencing the same problem. Wait because this is a arduino problem it should go at least into programming questions. Excuse my misplacing(I have really terrible organization skills, and just now I saw the arduino forum).
desgroup

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting