Boot Loader

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Boot Loader

Postby YoutubeUnderground » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:14 pm

for the past few months i have been having problems with my gamebuino starting up and playing games. I have been told to use win32 disk imager but i do not know were to download the loader. Thanks
YoutubeUnderground

Re: Boot Loader

Postby Myndale » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:23 am

Can you be a bit more specific about the kinds of problems you're having? Ordinarily you should be able to just format the SD card with FAT (i.e. FAT16) and copy hex files to it using Windows file explorer.
Myndale

Postby YoutubeUnderground » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:59 am

I have tried to format the SD card but the data on the original card got corrupted
YoutubeUnderground

Postby Myndale » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:56 am

Still not enough information. You talk about "the original card", which implies you have two cards. What exactly are you trying to do with each of them? What makes you think the data on the original is corrupted? Formatting an SD card wipes everything off it, you didn't do this on the original card, did you?
Myndale

Postby YoutubeUnderground » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:08 pm

When I talk about the original card I mean the SD card that came with the game buino. Also one day i turned on the console and the screen flashed on and off.I restarted the console many times but still have the same problem. So I decided to check the SD card and there where no files on it what do I do
YoutubeUnderground

Postby rodot » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:43 am

You should try to format your micro SD card and add the .hex files again as explained in the Troubleshooting page. Once you have games and loader.hex on you micro SD card, hold the C button down, turn your Gamebuino on, release C, and wait 30 seconds. This will force your Gamebuino to flash loader.hex from the micro SD card.
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting