Battery Dead?

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Battery Dead?

Postby ProCoder » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Hey, so I wanted to try to play with my gamebuino after not really having to chance to play with it because of the time I had, so I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't turn on, so I plugged it in and even though there was no sound I think I probably muted it at some point but just wanted to put it out there. It worked so I left it plugged in for a while and tried to unplug it but then the gamebuino turned off, and even with flipping the power switch it wouldn't turn on. Is my battery dead? No idea whats going on?
ProCoder

Re: Battery Dead?

Postby Montiey » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:15 pm

Follow the leads from the battery to where it connects to the circuit board.They may have become detached. Also, does the LiPo look puffy at all? This could be a sign of a totally fried battery.
Montiey

Postby ProCoder » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:54 pm

Here are some images couldn't find a good way to directly post them so here are some imgur links!
http://imgur.com/B0GcDnS
http://imgur.com/9tKWBDo
http://imgur.com/FEaDL3Z
If you need any others or want a better picture of anything let me know.
ProCoder

Postby Montiey » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:33 pm

The battery looks fine, so try touching the leads of a multimeter to the voltage pads. The battery voltage should be between 3.5v and 4.2v Other than a battery failure, I have no idea what the problem could be.
Montiey

Postby ProCoder » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:00 am

There was also this weird problem that sometimes the lcs would flicker when I turned it on and I had to shake the gamebuino hard a few times for it to come back to normal. But this was when it was plugged into the wall.
ProCoder

Postby rodot » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:40 am

ProCoder wrote:Here are some images couldn't find a good way to directly post them so here are some imgur links!

You battery looks totally fine. To post pictures, use the button "upload attachement" when you edit your post (under the text editing area), choose your file, and then select "insert inline".

Did you try charging it for at least 30 minutes with 2 different chargers (your cable might be dead) ? No light turns on when you plug it it ? Do you have a voltmeter to measure the battery voltage ?
rodot
Site Admin

Postby ProCoder » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Here are some issues I have been having
--------
*When not plugged in the device will not turn on no lights or anything no matter how long it has been charging

*When plugged in when I turn it on the lights flicker and the only temporary fix I have found is pressing the "b" button.

*When plugged in and turned off the charging light is on but I cant seem to see any charging.

*When plugged in and turned on I went in to crabator and checked the battery it says it was charged 4/4 or max as I could see.
-------

Thanks for your time!
ProCoder

Postby rodot » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:52 pm

When a completely discharged (or dead) battery is charging and you turn on the Gamebuino, the light will flicker because as soon as it turns on, the start up sound will draw some current, that will create a voltage drop, which will make the console restart, then it will make the start up sound again, restart, and so on, so it will blink quickly while making cracking noises. Pressing B will mute the console, which could explain why it makes it work.

If you still have this behavior after charging the battery for a while, it sounds like the battery is dead.
I can send you a replacement battery, please contact me through the online store so I can have your address to ship it.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby ProCoder » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:03 pm

Thank you soo much! The only problem is I am not very good with soldering, is there any way you could like send a tutorial or something, I have a friend that could probably help me. I mean I have a soldering iron and solder, I am just not too good with that stuff. I will let my gamebuino charge for the rest of today and see what happens! Thanks alot for your help man!
ProCoder

Postby Montiey » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Soldering and desoldering the battery shouldn't be much of a challenge, but it will be a lot easier if you have a "fine" tip soldering iron. Good luck!
Montiey

Next

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting