Title screen, drivers,and boards, oh my!

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Title screen, drivers,and boards, oh my!

Postby Robrto78 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:10 am

I just got my Gamebuino, so happy because I was waiting so long! :D After a charge, it seemed (to me) to be working fine. The settings worked, the casing, after some time with the screws, got back on after I took it off. I look on the get started guide at the wiki. It seemed there is a title screen! Whenever I turn on my Gamebuino, it, for half a second, shows a "Gamebuino SD card loader menu, then loads the sd card loader without me doing anything. I can't tell if this is right or wrong! Anyway, I connect the console to my computer. The computer makes a little beep when the Gamebuino is connected, but it does not come up as a understood device. I just need the usb drivers, but I cannot find them! Using windows 8. I download the arduino version 1.0.6, and see in documents there is a "libraries" folder. I put the Gamebuino libraries in there, and put the hardware folder for Gamebuino just in the arduino folder. I open arduino. Gamebuino is in file>examples>libraries. But not at tools>board! So those are my problems. Anybody with a link to correct drivers download, solution to the title screen problem, and help with actually making a program with arduino. Thanks! :D
Robrto78

Re: Title screen, drivers,and boards, oh my!

Postby Montiey » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:22 am

It you are trying to upload a program from the IDE to the gambuino directly, i'm in the same boat. Nothing happens when I plug it in, and I can't figure out what programmer to use in the options. You can put a .HEX file onto the SD card and load it that way, also.
Also, if your board isn't in the list, you probably didn't put the file in the right place. you need to put the two separate items in two separate places, respectively; hardware and library(s).

:)
Montiey

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting