Blank screen, with some lights

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Blank screen, with some lights

Postby lushinsky » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:18 pm

So I just got my Gambuino earlier today and after I charged it up I began to play it. I found right away it was very addicting and fun :D
After I played it for a little bit I turned it off. Later on i turned it on and began to play once more, but I noticed the screen looked washed out and I couldn't hardly see anything. I shut it off and on a few times and messed with it for a little bit, but it remained dim so I looked on the forum. After that I went to turn it on and now the screen is completely blank, the only lights that are on are the power light and the "RX" arrow.
Someone please help me, I'm not exactly familiar with this kind of stuff and it is basically brand new to me, so please bear with me :mrgreen:
lushinsky

Re: Blank screen, with some lights

Postby rodot » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:20 am

Hello,
It's a problem that happens sometimes as these screens are recycled from Nokia 3310 phones. Don't worry it's easy to fix, as it comes from a bad contact between the screen and the PCB. You should take the screen apart, make sure the rubber contact on the back on the screen is clean, and put the screen back in. More details on the Troubleshooting page.
rodot
Site Admin

Re: Blank screen, with some lights

Postby lushinsky » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:19 am

Thank you!
lushinsky

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting