startup and battery issue.

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

startup and battery issue.

Postby kienono » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:52 am

Hello,

First thanks for the awesome work done on Gamebuino. I got mine with the crowdfunding campaign and was happily accept playing with when I received it's while ago.

Then, I left it unused for several months and just tried to use it yesterday. The battery was obviously down so I plugged the gamebuino to charge the battery (the 2 LEDs on the right were lit). After 1 hour, I unplugged it and tried to start it. Nothing. No sound, no light.

I then tried to start it while plugged and got something similar to what is described in this other topic:http://gamebuino.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3017

The screen LEDs were flickering and some sound / noise could be heard. To stop that I needed to mute the gamebuino by pressing the B button. When muted, the gamebuino is functional. I then check the battery Voltage. Depending on if I had try a startup or not, the value changed but never went above 0.8v. I left it charge overnight but the situation is the same...

I believe my battery is dead :(. As the other did, should I contact rodot via the online store to get a replacement battery ?
kienono

Re: startup and battery issue.

Postby Montiey » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:21 am

Just a thought...
If it works while there is no output to the speaker, maybe the speaker is shorted out, and so it does weird things when trying to play sound?
Montiey

Re: startup and battery issue.

Postby adekto » Thu May 14, 2015 7:38 am

I seem to have gotten the same issues as you did
But i think the battery's are just dead

It might be the batch of them

Im looking for a solution changing the lipo out for a AA battery pack, but not sure how to do it without damaging the usb circuitry
adekto

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting