SD card not being read

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

SD card not being read

Postby XTRMN8R » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:43 pm

For whatever reason, the SD card reader isn't reading anything.when i turn it on, it just keeps saying "8 (supposed to look like an hourglass) reading SD card... I am using the standard 128 MB card that it came with, i've tried turning it off and on again, i've tried blowing into the SD card reader, even blowing on the card itself. and the worst part is that since it's stuck on the SD screen, I can't actually do anything with it in the meantime :cry:
XTRMN8R

Re: SD card not being read

Postby rodot » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Hello,
The most common source of issue is when the Gamebuino is accidently turned of while loading a game, resulting in a corrupted program in the memory. This can prevent the console from starting or making it act weird. The solution is to hold "C" down, turn the console on, release "C", and wait for 30 seconds. This will force the Gamebuino to flash the program LOADER.HEX from the SD card.

If this doesn't solve your problem, you can try to format the SD card and re-add all the games back. You can download all the .HEX at once from my games compilation.
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting