Many problems

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Many problems

Postby Aubble » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:53 am

Okay, so first off, I bought my gamebuino a couple months ago and haven't touched it since something happened to it.

First what happened was I found that both of the Pong game files played multiplayer, even though one was labeled as single player and another as multiplayer. So, I tried fixing this by deleting all of the demo files (the files that came on the sd card) and downloading all of the games on github. I found that when I did this, many of the files had glitches up name files and was really messed up. Since then I never really touched my gamebuino. Now, I've tried just deleting EVERYTHING off my SD card and downloading ONLY the games I wanted, and again, many of the games I downloaded had messed up names. None of the games that originally came on the SD card were messed up whatsoever except for those pong games. I tested Super Crate Buino when I had put the new games on it, and now, whenever I try to leave back to the SD card to choose a new game, it'll say the 'Loading don't turn off power' and then when it's done loading, it just goes back to the menu for Super Crate Buino. I have submitted multiple customer service forms on sending me the exact files that originally came on the SD card so I can have everything fixed. I'm not that smart with coding whatsoever (I'm only 14, anyways), and I really hope that someone can give me a simple easy answer to how to fix my loader not working, and for someone to send me the original game files.
Aubble

Re: Many problems

Postby jonnection » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:44 pm

The Gamebuino has a small program called "bootloader" that is in a protected area inside the chip. The bootloader looks at the C button when you boot the console. If C is pressed, or if used has selected to "go to SD card" in the game, the bootloader starts looking for a file called "LOADER.HEX" on the root of the SD card. If it does not find the file, the bootloader jumps back to the program, that is already in memory (in you case super crate buino).

Are you sure you have the files in the root of your sd card ? If they are inside a folder it will not work.
jonnection

Postby Aubble » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:58 pm

jonnection wrote:The Gamebuino has a small program called "bootloader" that is in a protected area inside the chip. The bootloader looks at the C button when you boot the console. If C is pressed, or if used has selected to "go to SD card" in the game, the bootloader starts looking for a file called "LOADER.HEX" on the root of the SD card. If it does not find the file, the bootloader jumps back to the program, that is already in memory (in you case super crate buino).

Are you sure you have the files in the root of your sd card ? If they are inside a folder it will not work.

I can't find LOADER.HEX on my sd card, as I said, I deleted EVERYTHING off of it and just put in the games I wanted. Where can I download LOADER.HEX?
Aubble

Postby erico » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:02 pm

Check the DOWNLOAD button on top of this very page, look for GAMEBUINO LIBRARY, there is zip with it.
Extract it and you have it inside the hex folder, both loader and settings.
erico

Postby Aubble » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:22 pm

erico wrote:Check the DOWNLOAD button on top of this very page, look for GAMEBUINO LIBRARY, there is zip with it.
Extract it and you have it inside the hex folder, both loader and settings.

Got it. I copied both of those .HEX files to my Sd card, and now when I turn on the Gamebuino, there's three different things.

First, there's something called "_LOADE^1" where the ^ is upside down

Then there's just plain old SETTINGS, but without the icon

Finally there's something called "_SETTI^1" where again, the ^ is upside down.

These are examples of messed up names that I've had. I've also had some names that looked almost like they were written in Arabic.
Any Ideas on how to fix it? I'm hoping Rodot will help
Aubble

Postby erico » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:06 am

Seems like a file naming problem then.
What system are you using? Those files should run out of the box, specially turning GB on, while button C is kept pressed for a while.
You should get to the loader.

How is your sdcard formated? I guess is the original card, format it as fat16 maybe?
Can you post a picture of the problem?

edit: check the wiki with full power, all you need is there, some stuff are tech but google can help, it is not hard, it is the way such system works, by finding out, that is the fun on it ;).
erico

Postby Sorunome » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:18 pm

Try wiping the SD-Card completely, re-formatting it FAT-16 and putting the files from this repo on it: https://github.com/Rodot/Gamebuino-Games-Compilation
Sorunome

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting