Power light on screen blank

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Power light on screen blank

Postby jac77794 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi Guys,

Some help with this issue would be great. When I turn my Gamebuino now the power lift comes on, but the screen is blank and the loader won't work. I have seen some forum posts that suggest pressing C, but that doesn't work. I have even switched micro SD card to see if that is the problem, but no no avail. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
jac77794

Re: Power light on screen blank

Postby rodot » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:09 am

Hi,
Does it make sound on startup and does the backlight turn on ? If so, it means it's correctly starting the program, it's just the screen that doesn't works. In that case try to re-align the screen and clean the rubber contact on its back.
If it doesn't make a sound and there is no backlight, then there is no program or a corrupted program in it. Then you can try the "C button" statup to force flashing LOADER.HEX from the SD card (make sure it's still on the original SD card), or you can try to upload a program through USB. Last resort, you can re-upload the bootloader through the ICSP port using a cheap USBasp module or something similar.
All steps explained on the Troubleshooting page of the wiki.
Good luck :)
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting