How to show games in filename list format

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

How to show games in filename list format

Postby soltk » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:03 am

When I first got my gamebuino, the list of games were just the filenames listed in alphabetical order. I wiped the SD card and reloaded the bootloader and games, and now its in the grid format with images. How do I go back to the simple list? Do I have to remove all of the INF files?

I am very new to this so forgive me if this is absurdly simple.
soltk

Re: How to show games in filename list format

Postby rodot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:19 am

Hey,
You can get the older versions of my games compilation from GitHub, see all the commits here.
The version you are interested in is the one just before the "New loader with icon gallery, Super Crate Buino added" commit.You can get it here here.
Although may I ask what don't you like about the new loader ? It features description and preview of the game before you load it, plus a visual gallery with icons so it's easier to browse... what is there to dislike ? Is it not retro enough ? :lol:
rodot
Site Admin

Postby soltk » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:04 pm

rodot wrote:Hey,
You can get the older versions of my games compilation from GitHub, see all the commits here.
The version you are interested in is the one just before the "New loader with icon gallery, Super Crate Buino added" commit.You can get it here here.
Although may I ask what don't you like about the new loader ? It features description and preview of the game before you load it, plus a visual gallery with icons so it's easier to browse... what is there to dislike ? Is it not retro enough ? :lol:

Hey, thanks a lot for your reply!

There's nothing wrong with the new loader technically speaking, but I find that it's much easier to navigate as just a list of titles than in the new format. The visual gallery format seems a bit un-uniform because not all of the games have an icon. The titles are also listed in reverse alphabetical order which I do not like. This is all a matter of personal preference, however.

Would it be possible to simply keep the games from the newer games compilation and change the loader to its previous version?

Thanks again! 8-)
soltk

Postby superfreaky » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:43 pm

Sorry to join a discussion with a mostly irrelevant comment, but I have a gripe about the loader myself. It's nothing terribly important, but I wish there was a way to arrange/move the icon order from within the loader. Or, alternatively, arranged by most played, automatically.
superfreaky

Postby Sorunome » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:54 pm

soltk wrote:

Hey, thanks a lot for your reply!

There's nothing wrong with the new loader technically speaking, but I find that it's much easier to navigate as just a list of titles than in the new format. The visual gallery format seems a bit un-uniform because not all of the games have an icon. The titles are also listed in reverse alphabetical order which I do not like. This is all a matter of personal preference, however.

Would it be possible to simply keep the games from the newer games compilation and change the loader to its previous version?

Thanks again! 8-)

The titles are never sorted in alphabetical order or something, they are sorted the way they appear in the FAT filesystem. So if you wipe your entire SD card and then copy the files over in alphabetical order, then they appear like that, but if you copy them in any other order they will appear in that random order
Sorunome

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting