Switch Replacement

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Switch Replacement

Postby superfreaky » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Well, it seems the switch was defective from the start, because it hasn't been used terribly much, but it's having troubles. It's really fiddly when you turn it on, requiring nudges until it's in the perfect position before it will turn on, and if it gets touched, it will either flicker off for a second or it will dim the screen like not enough electricity is getting through. So, where can I get suitable replacement? I don't want to spoil the beauty of my console...
superfreaky

Re: Switch Replacement

Postby erico » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Yep, I have that same symptom. After it is on, it will work fine and gaming dosen´t touch it, but it is very sensitive.
I was wondering if it was the switch or the soldering.

I did investigate a bit but not much yet.
erico

Postby superfreaky » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:35 am

Well, I don't think it's soldering, everything looks good to me.
superfreaky

Postby erico » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:50 am

It could be both the soldering or the piece.
My trouble happened after leaving my gamebuino without running for about 3 months, yep such is life :(

I have been running it quite often these last 4 weeks and the problem seems to be slowly wearing off.
Right now, I have just a bit of it, while on, touch the switch too hard and it resets the console.

Maybe I should make a video of it and we can check if that is the same issue?

Thinking better about it, it must be something with the switch.

edit: wait, or maybe about firmware and updates? My gamebuino is not running the latest and I recall that started happening after a mid upgrade. Could it be it? Is yours up to date?
erico

Postby superfreaky » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:10 am

Errm, I think it's about 4 months since I wiped the SD card because of trouble I was having. So not up to date.
superfreaky

Postby erico » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:10 am

Ok, maybe that would be a nice start since the hardware is working. (for me too, I´m not really up to date)
If still the same, then I should shoot a video here and we check if it is the same behavior.
erico

Postby superfreaky » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:31 pm

Ok, I will do that later today and see.
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:35 am

Every time I try to wipe the SD card, it says "SD card is write protected." How do I wipe this, then?
I also checked further, and it seems there are only problems when I press down on the switch, which happens normally when you turn it on. If I carefully slide the switch sideways without pressing down, no problems.
superfreaky

Postby erico » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:54 am

It should not be, are you trying to erase the sdcard with the gamebuino connected by usb?
Give a go with it directly on the computer, like with a sdreader.

Also, check the way you have to format it on the tutorial/wiki.

Yep, mine acts like that too, turning on it all fine and while off, I can push it without problems.
While it is on, pushing it will reset it most of the time (It was worse before, now it is wearing of).
Pushing it right, like to turn it off, but just a little also do the same reseting.

I will try recording a video tomorrow, first I have to update everything just to make sure.
erico

Postby superfreaky » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:01 am

erico wrote:It should not be, are you trying to erase the sdcard with the gamebuino connected by usb?
Give a go with it directly on the computer, like with a sdreader.

Also, check the way you have to format it on the tutorial/wiki.

Yep, mine acts like that too, turning on it all fine and while off, I can push it without problems.
While it is on, pushing it will reset it most of the time (It was worse before, now it is wearing of).
Pushing it right, like to turn it off, but just a little also do the same reseting.

I will try recording a video tomorrow, first I have to update everything just to make sure.

Oh, I had the sd card connected directly using a Micro SD to SD adaptor, because I lost the included USB adaptor. I really don't know what's happening, that never happened before, but I did delete some programs from within the loader, if that changes anything. All I need to replace is the loader, right? Or does that even make any sense?
superfreaky

Next

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting