[SOLVED] gb.titleScreen() not working

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

[SOLVED] gb.titleScreen() not working

Postby Xenoth » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:59 am

Hey,

I have decided to get back on Gamebuino after like 1 year cauz of my studies.
I am planning to use the Gamebuino as clock, with DS3231 I2C module, to learn more

But, I am having many issues, like "gb.titleScreen(F("Clockuino"));" not appearing,no popup,...
I tried to run it on Simbuino4web emulator, and it seems to work there

So i noticed that titleScreen don't appear anymore in many on my old games too, I had aslo compiled Gamebuino exemples like pong, no titleScreen, popup...

I'm working with Gamebuino library downloaded recently
I really dunno what to do :/

my code is here : https://github.com/Xenoth/Clock
(As there is no I2C module connected, it's suppose to run function "notDetected()" into main, or at least the titleScreen in setup(), but not working
Last edited by Xenoth on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenoth

Re: gb.titleScreen() not working

Postby Sutchig » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:10 am

Hi,

i tested your Sketch with my gamebuino and titleScreen works. You may flash the new Loader (unlikely) or perhaps your A-button is defective. there is a button-example in the gamebuino library ;)

to your sketch:
-fontsize is multiple of current font. if you have defaultfont (7px height??) and set fontsize=10, then the numbers are 70px, which is to much.
-the masking for 12/24hour and am/pm is buggy. 0b is the prefix, then there should be eight 1/0. if you write 0b001 its an decimal 1, so no problem, but you misses some "1"s ;)
-hard to explain: if no clock is attached, the wire lib may hang forever (as it's blocking) the way you test for presence. the best way to test is:
Code: Select all
Wire.startTransmission(ADDRESS);
result=Wire.endTransmission();

result is the returncode. 0 is good.
Sutchig

Postby Xenoth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 am

A button works well, i suppose then it's my loader, i have downloaded the last, what should i take ?

And Yeah it's not over, it's my first I2C module , i am waiting to receive it to know what's working and what i should fix but thanks a lot for help :3
And to know id it's connected a friend advised me to use the Wire.avaible(), but of course doesn't works when i set value, i'll try your solution it seems better :D
Xenoth

Postby Xenoth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:18 pm

I did notced that triying to use gb.tittleScreen() will restart the game, in every games running on my console
Xenoth

Postby Sutchig » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:39 pm

the one from https://github.com/Rodot/Gamebuino-Games-Compilation should be ok, its the last i know.
is your titleScreen problem at actually downloaded HEX-files (link above) too, or only by self compiled games and the old ones?
Sutchig

Postby Xenoth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:35 pm

I already have tried this one this morning, and the issue is still here for all games even already compiled, not only mines, that's really weird :/
Xenoth

Postby Sorunome » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:46 pm

What does work? Normal game stuff? If so, try running the settings wizard in the settings program and be sure to save.
Sorunome

Postby Xenoth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Everything works into Setting's Wizzard, buttons, light sensor/blacklight, battery, display, i can fix all my settings and I do have speaker output too

Games works well i did noticed nothing wrong, popups working (i surely did a mistake sorry). The only thing is my Gamebuino unabled to print gb.titlleScreen(), into all games, instead it resets the game, forcing me to C+Down to launch Loader.hex
Xenoth

Postby Sorunome » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:01 pm

Have you tried running the setup thing again? (and saving)
Sorunome

Postby Xenoth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Oh my !
It's working now !

I did selected Erase settings, then Default settings, then i have changed it, and now it works everywhere again thanks a lot :D

I still dunno what was really my problem, could you explain me ? :)
Xenoth

Next

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting