[SOLVED] Gamebuino Possibly Dead?

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

[SOLVED] Gamebuino Possibly Dead?

Postby MrHallows » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:23 pm

Hello,

I received my Gamebuino in the mail yesterday. It turned on just fine; everything was working. I turned it off and when I turned it back on, the power LED lit up, but the LCD did not work, nor was the sound. I figured the battery may not have had enough charge, so I plugged it in for several hours, turning it on periodically to see if it would work properly again. I had no such luck.

- MrHallows
Last edited by MrHallows on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrHallows

Re: Gamebuino Possibly Dead?

Postby Sorunome » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:38 pm

Did you try holding down the C-button while turning it on (You might need to hold it down for a few seconds)? (The SD card needs to be in the gamebuino for that to work, another idea might be to take the SD card out and put it back in and then do the c-button thing)
Sorunome

Postby rodot » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:43 am

The Gamebuino might contained a corrupted program if it was turned off while a program was loading.
As Sorunome said, did you try to hold C down while you turn the Gamebuino ON, release C and wait 30 seconds ? This will force the Gamebuino to load LOADER.HEX from the micro SD card.
More info here : Troubleshooting
rodot
Site Admin

Postby MrHallows » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:49 am

Considering the fact that the only sign on life was the power LED, it appeared to either have completely died or to be in need of reflashing the bootloader. To my surprise, the C-button method worked like a charm. Thank you both so much for your help. I truly appreciate it.

- MrHallows
MrHallows

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting