Low sound volume

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Low sound volume

Postby leiradel » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Hi,

I've just received my Gamebuino (yay!) but the speaker volume seems to be very low. I've set it to 7, but it's difficult to hear the sounds. If I plug in an earphone, I can hear the sounds better than with the speaker, even if I don't wear the earphone and leave them on the table.

Also, there was no sound at all until I plugged the earphone the first time, but it could be that the volume was set to 1, I can't really be sure now.

So, is that normal?

Cheers,

Andre
leiradel

Re: Low sound volume

Postby rodot » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:09 am

Hi,
The new version of the library introduced volume control on 7 levels (instead of 1). By default Gamebuino are shipped with volume level 1/7 because it's very loud when you plug earphones in. You can adjust the volume by pressing B in the main menu of the games, or by pressing C+B any time. You can adjust the default volume in settings if you want it to start at 7/7 each time.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby leiradel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:16 am

rodot wrote:Hi,
By default Gamebuino are shipped with volume level 1/7 because it's very loud when you plug earphones in.

So the sound from the speakers being low is expected, right? Cool, I was just afraid my Gamebuino had some problem and that I would have to return it. I don't want to part with it! :)
leiradel

Postby rodot » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:16 pm

The speaker is not super loud, but given that it's 8 bit square waves sounds trust me you don't want them to be super-loud ;)
rodot
Site Admin

Postby leiradel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:40 pm

Sure, I just wanted to know if it was normal. All is good and I'm in love with my Gamebuino <3
leiradel

Postby fogg » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi,

I just received my new Gamebuinos and I noticed also that the speakers are not loud enough, even when on level 7. Is there a way to change the speakers in order to get a louder sound? Soldering is not problem, I just need a pointer to a compatible loud speaker.

Cheers,
Bernhard
fogg

Postby rodot » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:49 pm

Hey,
You can either use the headphone jack, or remove the current speaker and replace it with any 8 ohm small speaker. You'll find plenty online :)
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting