[SOLVED] Gamebuino error during burn bootloader

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

[SOLVED] Gamebuino error during burn bootloader

Postby Drek » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Hello, I'm doing my clone of Gamebuino. However I cannot run it. I think I'm making a mistake when burning bootloader. Can you please advise me, if I am do it right? I tried it already with two pieces Atmega328p-au.
I burn bootloader with USBasp and via Windows command line. When I burn bootloader to first Atmega328p-au, so I burn bootloader with 5V, not 3.3V. Gamebuino then worked about 10 minutes, but no sound, no automatic backlight and it worked very similar to the video on this topic from BlackDragon viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3382 .
Then probably brick the screen and maybe Atmega, too. Because then began write out wrong signature number, when I want burn bootloader. I replaced the screen and Atmega, after I tried to burn a bootloader again, but Gamebuino not worked. The display was still empty, automatic backlight did not work, the sound from the speaker remind me buzzing-it's hard to describe, and backlight on display light up only when I press some button. After releasing button, the light turn off again.
Bootloaders which I am using is from previously Gamebuino library, which can be installed with build.bat file. I choose bootloaders from folder:
“Gamebuino-master\hardware\gamebuino\bootloaders\gamebuino_boot“ or “Gamebuino-master\hardware\gamebuino\avr\bootloaders\gamebuino_boot“. Command to burn bootloader in the command line I use this:
avrdude -c usbasp -p atmega328p -U flash:w:"gamebuino_boot.hex" or
avrdude -c usbasp -p atmega328p -U flash:w:"gamebuino_boot_only.hex" .
But always it show some errors during verification or fuse setting errors. Is enough this one command or I must use another command to set fuses, too. Or something else?
Here are these errors that occur when burning bootloader:
These errors appears me during first Atmega, too.

A few days ago I tried to solder some pins on Atmega328p-au. If it can be caused cold solder joint. When I connected Gamebuino to PC (with USBasp) and tried to burn a bootloader so it began to write out a bad signature number again. From this moment Gamebuino do nothing.

Possibly could I make some mistake during PCB design? If it will help, I can upload my Eagle files. Or video during burn bootloader.

Thank you for your help.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.
Drek

Re: [SOLVED] Gamebuino error during burn bootloader

Postby Drek » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Problem was scratch trace on PCB. Atmega chip -> GND pin :lol:
Drek

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting