[SOLVED] Any Linux problems?

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

[SOLVED] Any Linux problems?

Postby Skyrunner65 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:12 am

Will I have any problems with the Gamebuino and Fedora (I switched to just linux)? I know Arduino is available for Fedora (got it on now), but will there be any problems when adding the bootloader or something like that?

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "Installation & Troubleshooting"
Skyrunner65

Re: Any Linux problems?

Postby DFX2KX » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:24 am

The files add fine (though finding where Arduino itself stores them is a bit of a pain) I don't have a GB though, so I can't test uploading code on my laptop. The GB is basically an Uno, so it should work. Just know the boards.txt is in a directory belonging to Root, so no drag-and-droping files without something like kdesu.
DFX2KX

Postby rodot » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:10 am

Please follow the Getting started guide. If you have any trouble during installation, don't hesitate to ask. But I'm not sure to get your point here, you ask for help even before having problems ? :roll:
rodot
Site Admin

Postby inversesandwich » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:03 pm

DFX2KX wrote:The files add fine (though finding where Arduino itself stores them is a bit of a pain) I don't have a GB though, so I can't test uploading code on my laptop. The GB is basically an Uno, so it should work. Just know the boards.txt is in a directory belonging to Root, so no drag-and-droping files without something like kdesu.

Remember to download Arduino from Arduino.cc. The versions in the package managers are often out-of-date.

Also, remember if you want to find where things are stored, use the command 'whereis [command]' and it will tell you where said command is stored.
inversesandwich

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting