Can't select a port

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Can't select a port

Postby lluistomas » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 pm

I received Gamebuino yesterday and it seemed to work correctly, but loading a game it freezed. I tried to plug in holding c button and release, but it doesn't worked.
I'm trying to install a program in the board using Arduino, but there are no ports to select. I followed all the instructions in getting started guide, I've got the examples in my library, I've copied the device in the boards list and I can select it, but I can't select any ports. What i'm doing wrong?? I've got two more Arduino boards (NG and UNO) and when I plug them the port appears correctly... Maybe it's broken?? Thank you!
lluistomas

Re: Can't select a port

Postby lluistomas » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi again! I',ve found a way for upload a program, and I want to publish it here. But I only did in mac OSX (in PC standard version of Arduino doesn't work).

You can force the use of a port in arduino options. You must force the use of : "/dev/tty.usbserial-A90NJ9L5". Switch off your Gamebuino, upload the loader in Arduino and waiting 10 seconds switch on Gamebuino. Doing it, programmer works fine and you can upload any program in the device...

It's annoying (maybe something is wrong with my device...), but for me, it's fine.
lluistomas

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting