[SOLVED] Freezing on "flashing loader..."

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

[SOLVED] Freezing on "flashing loader..."

Postby MrBouh » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Hey, so I received my Gamebuino today (thank you by the way), and each time I want to get back to the loader screen (by holding C button) after launching a game, the Gamebuino is stuck on the screen "Flashing loader... DON'T TURN OFF !". After 10min I turn it off because I think it is quite long and I have to reupload the loader thanks to the Arduino IDE. I don't know how to fix it. I used the lastest loader from GitHub (following the tuto for mac users, thank you adekto). Thanks for your help.

It might be more clear in French for French user as my english sucks :

Bonjour, j'ai reçu ma Gamebuino aujourd'hui (merci beaucoup), et donc, chaque fois que je souhaite revenir au menu principal en maintenant le bouton C après avoir joué à un jeu, la Gamebuino freez sur l'ecran "Flashing loader... DON'T TURN OFF!". Apres avoir patienté 10min, j'éteins finalement la console estiment (peut être à tort) que c'était un temps suffisait et je dois de ce fait reflasher le loader à partir de l'IDE Arduino. Je pense avoir utilisé le dernier loader (que je me suis procuré via le wiki et que j'ai installé à l'aide du super tuto youtube d'Adekto). Merci de votre aide !
Last edited by MrBouh on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBouh

Re: Freezing on "flashing loader..."

Postby MrBouh » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:36 pm

I solved the problem ! Not much time right now but promise I'll explain how I did tonight !
MrBouh

Re: [SOLVED] Freezing on "flashing loader..."

Postby MrBouh » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 am

So to solve the problem, I don't know if all the steps are useful but here is what I did :
I flashed the LAUNCHER through the arduino IDE (in Example => Gamebuino => utilities), then I put the "LAUNCHER.HEX" file on the micro SD (I used the link provided on the GitHub), finally, I flashed again through the Arduino IDE (I don't know if this step is useful).

Now it is working like a charm, I think that the original LAUNCHER.HEX file was corrupted or something like that. Have a nice day !
MrBouh

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting