Mini USB fell off

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

Mini USB fell off

Postby SilentSpy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:07 pm

So I just got my Gamebuino today (huge thanks to R0d0t) but when I attempted to plug it in (via the cord it came with) it snapped right off. Is there anyway I could charge it without getting down and dirty because I'm not sure how much I trust myself with that :P. The LED is also slightly bent but I can live.

Edit: Just noticed that when playing some games (such as crabator) When I move/run anything that isn't my player gets blurry. It didn't look like that's supposed to happen when r0d0t showed it in the opening video so I'm not sure if it's normal or not.
SilentSpy

Re: Mini USB fell off

Postby rodot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:39 am

Hello Silent Spy,

The fact that moving things disappear of your screen is because contrasts are too low, you can set the in SETTINGS.HEX.

I'm sorry to hear that bout your micro USB port, have you forced on it? I check each Gamebuino before I ship them, and if you USB port was weak I would have broken it :?
rodot
Site Admin

Postby SilentSpy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:32 pm

Thanks for letting me know about the contrast. I don't think I pushed all that hard, do you think it could have become lose during transit? The port also seems a little small so it probably got stuck on and when I tried to take it out it could have broken, should I post pictures or just start working on reapplying the port?

Edit: When trying to adjust the contrast "gray" appears very dim no matter what I try. Am I incorrectly reading what "correctly" means or is it something on my end?
SilentSpy

Postby rodot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:38 pm

As this thread is about a damaged order, please contact me at support (at) gamebuino (dot) com so we can find a solution. Thanks.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:17 am

I know my USB jack was a bit tight when I got it, so I was really really careful. Mine wasn't loosely soldered, though... I'm a bit surprised that this occurred, since the USB jack is put there by a pick&place machine.
DFX2KX

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting