Does the Gamebuino can store 2 Long Int Array?

Understanding the language, error messages, etc.

Does the Gamebuino can store 2 Long Int Array?

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Hey!

I need to use 2 (Long Integer, 4 Bytes, 0 to 4 294 967 295) Array for my game! The game needs to be able to edit this value. Does the Gamebuino will be able to support this? If you want to know what I will store in this array: In Splash Box there are 8 spots on a normal cube. These 8 spots have a level from 0 to 5, 0 is no paint/splash/ink and 5 is for full of splash/paint/ink. For that, I need a variable that has 1 679 616. These 8 spots with 6 level can have 2 colors, the first color is in the first array and the second is the 2nd. I also need to have some byte (On the SRAM) remaining for my game, an array of bool for the ColorOrder (false: black on top, true white on top), 2 or 8 float array for my physics... That's lot of memory :?
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Re: Does the Gamebuino can store 2 Long Int Array?

Postby Sorunome » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:51 pm

The gamebuino has two kilobyte of RAM, that is 2048 byte. You will need to be able to fit that stuff in there.

If they are static, as in, not-changing, you could use PROGMEM of which the gamebuino has 32KB
Sorunome

Re: Does the Gamebuino can store 2 Long Int Array?

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Sorunome wrote:The gamebuino has two kilobyte of RAM, that is 2048 byte. You will need to be able to fit that stuff in there.

If they are static, as in, not-changing, you could use PROGMEM of which the gamebuino has 32KB

I cannot use the static, I will try to use less Long Int in the Long Int arrays by not using it on unpaintable/empty block.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Return to Programming Questions