3d capabilities

Understanding the language, error messages, etc.

Re: 3d capabilities

Postby erico » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:55 pm

adekto wrote:...
on the 3D side im not so convinced we can make any games out of it elite looks complicated im not sure how the hole collision detection worked on it (im not from the uk or was alive in the 80s)
i do think ur idea of virtua racer just wont work out (img2)

Stunt car racer, great on the amiga and was also available on zx zpectrum.
Both mock ups are from games that were available on systems more or less of 16kb of memory.

While the spectrum had a z80 at 3.5mhz and the BBC had a 2 MHz MOS Technology 6502/6512, they both had colors and higher resolution to work with.

Those games are more or less a bunch of simple polygons going about, it should be doable I guess.
Not that I would be able to code such games anyways :roll:
erico

Postby adekto » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:18 pm

16kb it the part that worry's we got way way less not even 2 kb that the game can use
sure speeds are better but u got hardly anywhere to store all the floating points
id love to be proven wrong on this but i think the graphics wil need so much memory u have nowhere to store ur recourses trading or the collision detection or the "ai" routing

im not to knowledgeable on the hole thing myself, but we already try to avoid mathematics like diagonal lines and circles

random example on bbc. the nes has the same chip but i dont know of any 3D wire frame games on that one since everything is bitmap based similar to the current "engine" we use now
adekto

Postby erico » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:55 pm

I see, it would be nice to sport something like 16kb or 64kb of memory to boot.
Maybe it could be achieved by the expansion port?

I was also wondering if an IF graphical adventure is possible, not with a parser, but with a simple point and click control. This would be heavy on gfxs but then it could be loaded from the SD right?
erico

Postby Myndale » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:42 am

adekto: I don't think the attiny has the pin count. D0-D2 would need to monitor SPI and D5 could watch Command/Data, but the internal oscillator won't cut it for TV signal generation so D3 and D4 would need to be hooked up to a crystal. No more pins left to output the video signal :(
Myndale

Postby Skyrunner65 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:30 am

I understood NONE of what you said, except the last sentence.
Skyrunner65

Previous

Return to Programming Questions