Setting up Arduino IDE for Gamebuino

Understanding the language, error messages, etc.

Setting up Arduino IDE for Gamebuino

Postby DFX2KX » Wed May 21, 2014 8:04 pm

So, there are Emulators for the GB out there, and I've now got the Arduino IDE installed.

So, looking at the github repo, I'm not sure what to put where in Arduino's directory so that I can build Gamebuino games. Any help here would be great (I don't think any of you will be able to help my fail-factor at C programming, but everyone's got to start somewhere!)
DFX2KX

Re: Setting up Arduino IDE for Gamebuino

Postby rodot » Wed May 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Did you read the getting started guide ? If there is something you don't understand please tell me so I can correct/rephrase/improve it. You'll find it here : http://gamebuino.com/wiki/index.php?title=getting_started
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Wed May 21, 2014 9:08 pm

rodot wrote:Did you read the getting started guide ? If there is something you don't understand please tell me so I can correct/rephrase/improve it. You'll find it here : http://gamebuino.com/wiki/index.php?title=getting_started

Well, after some tinkering. And a bit of /* */'ing out the battery part that Deneth's emulator doesn't like. I achieved something! \o/

Now to actually make a game with it. Not sure why I missed the getting started bit on the IDE setup, but I did. It's pretty well worded! Save for a few little bits here and there, one can't tell at all that it wasn't written by a native English speaker. I'm impressed.
Attachments
Horray For Gamebuino!.png
Horray For Gamebuino!.png (9.76 KiB) Viewed 4633 times
DFX2KX

Postby rodot » Thu May 22, 2014 6:10 am

DFX2KX wrote:one can't tell at all that it wasn't written by a native English speaker

Thanks, that's the best compliment I would ever expect :D
As it's a wiki, you can edit it if there is a typo or something. There is also a discussion tab on every page if you want to suggest some improvements or ask questions.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Thu May 22, 2014 6:27 am

rodot wrote:
DFX2KX wrote:one can't tell at all that it wasn't written by a native English speaker

Thanks, that's the best compliment I would ever expect :D
As it's a wiki, you can edit it if there is a typo or something. There is also a discussion tab on every page if you want to suggest some improvements or ask questions.

I'll keep that in mind! I'll go through there when I'm not so tired (yet unable to sleep), and catch the one typo I saw. But it was helpfully written (enough to get bouncing balls to work) The code in the libs themselves also seems well written/commented. And THAT, let me tell you, isn't always the case. I've seen some horrible code out there.

.... I've *written* some horrible code out there...

Thanks for the help, Rodot! :D
DFX2KX

Return to Programming Questions