New emulator: Simbuino (Windows)

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Re: New emulator: Simbuino (Windows)

Postby Clifford » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:56 pm

Clifford wrote:
An exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' occurred in Simbuino.UI.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: The type initializer for 'Simbuino.UI.Audio.AudioPlayer' threw an exception.

at ..\Simbuino-master\src\Simbuino.UI\Main\MainWindowViewModel.cs Line 228:

Code: Select all
         AudioPlayer.Filtered = Simbuino.UI.Properties.Settings.Default.AudioFiltered;

Exception trace:
-      base   {System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Simbuino.UI.Audio.AudioPlayer' threw an exception. ---> SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x80040154], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Class not registered

at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.Utilities.CreateComInstance(Guid clsid, CLSCTX clsctx, Guid riid, ComObject comObject)
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.XAudio2..ctor(XAudio2Flags flags, ProcessorSpecifier processorSpecifier)
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.XAudio2..ctor()
   at Simbuino.UI.Audio.AudioPlayer..cctor() in c:\Users\Clifford\Documents\Simbuino-master\src\Simbuino.UI\Audio\AudioPlayer.cs:line 72
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---}   System.Exception {System.TypeInitializationException}

The SharpDX reference indicates that it is version 2.6.3.0. I am afraid I am pretty clueless at all this .NET stuff and may be looking at exactly the wrong thing. Any advice would be helpful.
Clifford

Postby Clifford » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Clifford wrote:Exception trace:
-      base   {System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Simbuino.UI.Audio.AudioPlayer' threw an exception. ---> SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x80040154], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Class not registered

This provided the clue - with a little judicious Googling, the solution is to install the legacy DirectX support from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 (web installer - there is also a full redistributable download at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109, but I chose not to use that). I am not sure whether this has been removed from Win 8.1 64 bit or if it was just broken.

Now all versions work - the original .NET deployment, the stand-alone executable, and my source-build. Possibly the redistributable could be included with the deployment?

Now I have it working it is brilliant - my son is now even more excited waiting for the hardware to arrive! Thanks.

It would be great if the debugger worked at the source-level with the .elf file debug information, but that would be a much bigger project!
Clifford

Postby Myndale » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Clifford wrote:This provided the clue - with a little judicious Googling, the solution is to install the legacy DirectX support
I am not sure whether this has been removed from Win 8.1 64 bit or if it was just broken.

Thanks for looking into that Clifford. And yeah, I'm surprised it wasn't already installed on your machine...I ran Simbuino from an almost-fresh Win8.1 64 bit install on a Surface Pro 2 and never encountered that problem. I might need to look at using a different installer.

Clifford wrote:It would be great if the debugger worked at the source-level with the .elf file debug information, but that would be a much bigger project!

That was one of my original goals with Simbuino. As always it's a matter of finding time between work, family and my other Gamebuino commitments.
Myndale

Postby EatMyBlitch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:10 am

Dear myndale,

When i try to start up the setup.exe file or the simbuino.application file, it says that i cant start the application simbuino from this location because it has already been started in a different location(translated from Dutch).
EatMyBlitch

Postby Myndale » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi! Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with the installer, I haven't encountered this one before. This error usually occurs when you're trying to install a newer version over an older version (even though technically it should work). If you do have an have an older version installed then try un-installing it first, if that's not the case then feel to msg me and I'll send you a zip file of the standalone files that you can try running directly.
Myndale

Postby EatMyBlitch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:26 pm

my computer does not let me erase any of the simbuino files. It says that i need to check the location of the file, and try again. :cry:
EatMyBlitch

Postby Myndale » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:08 am

In that case just download the standalone version in the binaries folder:

https://github.com/Myndale/Simbuino/tre ... r/binaries

Unzip it and run the executable directly. Some people also need to install the .NET 4.5 runtime libraries as well as the latest version of DirectX but it sounds like you probably won't need to.
Myndale

Postby EatMyBlitch » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:05 am

Ok, I will see if it works.
EatMyBlitch

Postby cyberic » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:43 am

When I launch simbuino.exe included in the standalon build, on Windows 7...
I get... nohing.

I get no error, no message, nothing.

Is there a log somewhere?

Thx
cyberic

Postby Myndale » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:26 am

Not as such, but you can often get revealing information by looking at the Windows event viewer. Once running select Windows Logs -> Application and look for errors in the listbox to the right.
Myndale

PreviousNext

Return to Software Development