Simbuino for other LCDs

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Simbuino for other LCDs

Postby konaboy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:14 pm

HI,I'm really enjoying Simbuino. I think it is a great tool for quickly trying out ideas and speeding up the development process. Actually I haven't even received my hardware yet but this software gave me the chance to get a head start.

Anyway, I will be building my own hardware and I will also be experimenting with other screens. There is a color 2.2" TFT screen that I want to try.

I suppose this would break compatibility with the Simbuino which is built only for the Nokia screen. Would it be possible to modify to support other LCDs, how hard would this be? Alternatively, are there other development tools that emulate various LCDs?

cheers
konaboy

Re: Simbuino for other LCDs

Postby Myndale » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:03 am

Hi! Glad to hear you're enjoying Simbuino, it's not as good at the real thing but it does its best. :)

Regarding your question, it shouldn't take too much work at all. You'd need to make a copy of the Simbuino.Emulator.LcdDevice class and update its code to simulate the lcd device in question, you'd also need to create a modified Simuino.UI.Lcd.LcdControl class to create a Windows bitmap from the raw lcd buffer. And of course if you want the user to be able to select which device they want to emulate then you'd need to need to tie all that into the app settings. But so long as you have a bit of C#/WPF programming knowledge behind you it should be relatively straightforward, and of course you can always post back here if you get stuck.
Myndale

Return to Software Development