Super Freaky game... concepts

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

Re: Super Freaky game... concepts

Postby awesome101 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Added bounce. NOW I just have to finish the enemies. The pow is in the bottom right because I don't want it to get in the way of the player during gameplay.
Attachments
bounce.gif
bounce.gif (177.98 KiB) Viewed 28972 times
awesome101

Postby superfreaky » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Wow, you really are a whiz at this whole code thing. It's looking really good now. By the way, did I get the name wrong? I think it might have actually been, "Mario and Luigi."
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:42 pm

For the most part, you can just copy-paste r0d0t's code for enemies in Super Crate Buino. You would only need to add code for knocking them over.
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:45 am

Alien Shooter. For those who don't know, Alien Shooter is a game from about 15 years ago where you escape from a facility where mysterious creatures had escaped and killed everyone. I think this one is good material for the GB, because the game is played from an overhead view. Sure, I can't have a 3D environment, but I can still do overhead. I'm working on it now, but it should be a while before anything playable is released. When it is, I'll post it to this forum thread. I think gameplay should be really simple given the fact that I could 'borrow' code from Crabator (with credit given to r0d0t of course!) The really difficult part will be making sounds and background music. I think there's probably space left over to easily fit the dying sound the aliens make, but an acceptable theme song (with the famous "Make Them Bleed!" scream) is another problem altogether.

[EDIT] I actually decided not to do this, as it is not the most original game in the world. Gamebuino needs a new game, not an enhanced version of Crabator.
Last edited by superfreaky on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:00 am

I like what you're doing, awesome101, and although I don't care that you're using my ideas, I would like it if you posted the source code. That way, everyone can work.
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:03 am

Super Smash Buino
I recently discovered what Super Smash Bros really is, and now that I know, I think it would be superb to port to Gamebuino, as well as relatively easy (at least for the initial release). Making it streamlined, and adding different physics for different characters will be more difficult. I think it would be really cool to use characters from existing Gamebuino games, both those released, and those in development. For example, I could use Maruino or... err... I guess there's not too many characters with names, are there. Oh well. I'll come up with characters on my own, with some help and input from all you folks here (and my patient sister). I am torn now between working on this and working on an overhead shooter. Maybe you guys could vote? Leave a comment of your opinion.
superfreaky

Postby Quirby64 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:40 pm

At the SSB Idea : IIRC there were two attempts for a game like this in the past, but neither never got too far in.
BUT - If we tried to get the whole community working on it instead of a 1 or 2 person team it could be a reality. :)
Quirby64

Postby superfreaky » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:09 am

# 11
The Stanley Parable. It may seem like is not possible, but I think a text-based version is feasible. Something simple, press A to listen to the narrator (author) and press B to ignore him, C to restart. The only thing stopping me from starting development right away is one question. In a game with so much dialogue, is it simply to much space for GB? I think not, but I would like to check before I start developing instead of after I'm, halfway through. Also, I will need to come up with a way to scroll text, a challenge for one who knows so little code off the top of his head. Please, leave this game for me. :)

[EDIT] Well, I started working on it. So far, I am only testing to see how lots of text will display, but once I figure out how to make a .HEX file, things should progress quicker. Just stop me now if it's not gonna work.
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Epic Combo
This is a flash game I really like, and I realized it would be well suited to the Gamebuino because it's a one screen game. You smash the ground with a hammer to hit turtles. After you hit enough, you get enough points to purchase an upgrade in the store. You can get blades, cannons, bombs, and bouncers, and valves for more turtles, all to make a turtle last for 10,000 combos. You have only 10 minutes to get to this. It has only very basic saving capability; only high scores are saved when you quit. Shouldn't be too hard to make a port of this game.
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:08 am

BoxBoy! (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/PgJhvNmzllN8prP8QDtqImyEAhryuBCg)
So this one would not be too difficult to port, but I couln't because I have no 3DS to play it on in the first place, and that would be a mighty weak excuse to buy a 3DS. I could try that excuse though... :lol:
superfreaky

Previous

Return to Project Guidance & Game development