3D rendering demo

Share your games and programs with the community.

Re: 3D rendering demo

Postby rodot » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:18 am

Yup I've seen that on several Gamebuino, it seems that screens are not all exactly the same, and Myndale's 3D demo is written in pretty low level without using the Gamebuino library. The 3D demo should be rewritten to use the Gamebuino library, as it works fine on every Gamebuino. I also noticed that contrast is not ajustable on some screens, it can probably be simply fixed with a software update.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:59 pm

rodot wrote:Yup I've seen that on several Gamebuino, it seems that screens are not all exactly the same, and Myndale's 3D demo is written in pretty low level without using the Gamebuino library. The 3D demo should be rewritten to use the Gamebuino library, as it works fine on every Gamebuino. I also noticed that contrast is not ajustable on some screens, it can probably be simply fixed with a software update.

Differant sub-versions of the 5110? That's a surprising amount of variation from screen to screen....

That just goes to show, If you're going to program a Gamebuino in low-level commands (I've looked at the 3d Code, Myndale is basically controlling the screen manually in this example) It might make sense to test it on a few different setups if possible, because little things like this.
DFX2KX

Is this normal? (Screen issue)

Postby deepsheet » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello,
I recently got my Gamebuino and it seems something is wrong. Everything is fine, but the 3D demo is incorrect and doesn't display correctly. It seems that the left part is broken and placed on the right of the screen. Here is an example:

http://imgur.com/wKS6VBg
deepsheet

Postby rodot » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:03 am

Hey deepsheet,
I merged your topic with this one as it only concerns Myndale's 3D demo.
This bug is due to the fact that Myndale desn't use the official Gameubino library but program directly at lower level, and the code he uses is incompatible with some Gamebuino. It shouldn't be too difficult to refactor his 3D demo for it to use the Gamebuino library.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby deepsheet » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:48 am

Ah, ok! Thanks :D It makes sense, because everything else is fine :) (Except a "dirty" connector which fixed some other issues I had)
deepsheet

Postby Myndale » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:55 pm

I've just uploaded a new version of the 3d demo that uses the official library, so this should fix many of the problems people have been having with it. I've also thrown a few little extras into this version including a second sprite type, some minor optimizations and collision detection so that you can't walk through walls anymore.

Latest version of the code is on the software/examples page, gimme another day or so and I'll put it on the games pages with a pre-compiled hex file and its own git repo.
Myndale

Postby Sot0 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Myndale wrote:I've just uploaded a new version of the 3d demo that uses the official library, so this should fix many of the problems people have been having with it. I've also thrown a few little extras into this version including a second sprite type, some minor optimizations and collision detection so that you can't walk through walls anymore.

Latest version of the code is on the software/examples page, gimme another day or so and I'll put it on the games pages with a pre-compiled hex file and its own git repo.

Works great! Thank you, very impressive ;)
Attachments
3DDemo.zip
Binaries.
(68.26 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
Sot0

Postby Marcus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:07 am

Slightly off-topic, but have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NtaxMUltUA

:shock:
Marcus

Postby erico » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:19 pm

Looks awesome!
erico

Previous

Return to Games Gallery