New emulator: Simbuino (Windows)

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Re: New emulator: Simbuino (Windows)

Postby Myndale » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:22 am

Cheers DFX2KX. I've uploaded a new version with a number of extra features including customizable LCD colors and Landscape/Portrait modes for both LCD and export (so Tetrino can now be played right-way-up). I've also made changes to the key mappings and provided support for customization. Finally I've changed the default scheme to match gbsim's for more consistancy across emulators (Denith's mapping was better than mine anyway).
Myndale

Postby rodot » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:43 am

Awesome :D Given the speed at which this emulator is improving it'll soon be better than the Gamebuino itself :lol:

In the options, the screen orientation is out of the frame, I have to re-size the window to see it (people might miss it). It's a fix that should take you 5 s. top to fix. Sorry I always pick what's wrong... but that's really a minor thing.

Is the backlight emulation implemented yet? I tried Crabator, it which the backlight is supposed to flickers when you're hit, but it doesn't?

Thanks again Myndale, keep up the great work :D
rodot
Site Admin

Postby Myndale » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:45 am

rodot wrote:Given the speed at which this emulator is improving it'll soon be better than the Gamebuino itself

Not a chance :lol:

rodot wrote:Sorry I always pick what's wrong... but that's really a minor thing.

Totally appreciate it, I've fixed the options dialog font size in the latest version so hopefully this won't happen anymore.

rodot wrote:Is the backlight emulation implemented yet? I tried Crabator, it which the backlight is supposed to flickers when you're hit, but it doesn't?

Try it now. I was emulating digital output only, the latest version supports PWM as well.
Myndale

Postby rodot » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:15 am

The backlight PWM emulating works like a charm now :)
Once again, thanks!
rodot
Site Admin

Postby DFX2KX » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Hey, Myndale, all of these new versinos are at the same link, right?
DFX2KX

Postby Myndale » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:16 pm

DFX2KX wrote:Hey, Myndale, all of these new versinos are at the same link, right?

Yep: http://www.ppl-pilot.com/files/Simbuino.zip

Once I fix up the panes I'll add proper versioning and a download page with a change list etc.
Myndale

Postby DFX2KX » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Myndale wrote:
DFX2KX wrote:Hey, Myndale, all of these new versinos are at the same link, right?

Yep: http://www.ppl-pilot.com/files/Simbuino.zip

Once I fix up the panes I'll add proper versioning and a download page with a change list etc.

Awesome, thanks!
DFX2KX

Postby rodot » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Random idea: that would be great if simbuino would support windows file association like gbsim does, so you would only have to double click your hex files to start simbuino and load the game :)
rodot
Site Admin

Postby Myndale » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:00 am

New version of Simbuino now available, this one supports direct uploading of HEX files to the Gamebuino hardware once they've been loaded into the emulator. Thanks ripper121 for the suggestion.

Rodot I tried adding command line arguments to this version but for some weird reason it causes sound to turn off by default in-game. I'll have to track that down and release that feature in the next version.
Myndale

Postby rodot » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:05 am

Thanks Myndale for that update! :)

With this one I had to uninstall the previous version of Simbuino first. With the previous version I could just install the updates directly and it would update the older version. Did you change the installer? But well, that's doesn't really matter.
Also I noticed that the key binding option is not working, it seems to loose the settings as soon as you close the options window.

Your emulator is a really great tool!
PS: I look forward playing lunar lander hehe
rodot
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Software Development